Fall and pumkins are my favorites (Yes, I’m one of those!). I always try to cook as many apple, pumkin and squash dishes as possible during this season since it doesn’t last very long. I don’t have a sweet tooth and I avoid baking deserts because I know I won’t eat them!!! But pumkin deserts are usually less sweet which makes it ok for me. I found this receipe last week while I was looking for some ideas of food to cook over the campfire. I obviously modified it but loved the original idea. If you worry that it won’t be sweet enough, you can easily add more chocolate and/or marshmallows to make it sweeter. Hope you enjoy our family’s new fall classic as much as us.
Pumkin s'mores cookies
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter (can be replaced by almond butter)
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar (can be replaced with coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup Canned pumkin puree (homemade can be too liquid)
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup Gluten free flour (can be substituted with almond flour BUT you'll get more of a soft cookie)
- 2 tsp. Pumkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3-4 Mini marshmallows
Pumkin pie spice
- 3 Tbs. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground cloves
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Mix the peanut butter, egg, vanilla, pumkin puree and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and pumkin spice to the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate and stir until all mixed together.
- Use a table spoon to scoop the dough on a baking sheet, using parchment paper.
- Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top and add 3-4 marshmallows on top of the cookie dough.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. Let cool before eating and enjoy!